ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED AIR SUSPENSION SYS

2002 GMC Envoy

bgk3white

October, 2, 2009 AT 12:41 PM

Suspension problem
2002 GMC Envoy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy equipped with an Electronically Controlled Air Suspension System (ECASS). Recently my unloaded/empty vehicle failed to inflate the next morning. I hear the compressor operating but the system does not adjust the vehicle to the standard ride height. Per the manual, the vehicle will remain at a low height when the rear axle load has exceeded Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR). It further states that this will continue each time the ignition is turned on until the rear axle load is reduced below GAWR. I have never overloaded my vehicle for any reason and my vehicle is still empty and remains at a very low height.

Other vehicles do well without the system so I do not want it. The dealer service department is quoting $1000+ to repair. Can the vehicle be manually raised back to standard ride height without installing a new system and left alone?

Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado