96 GMC C2500 5.7L. 160,000 miles, starter issue.

SBOLTON36
  • 2012 GMC C2500

Starter started just clicking, solenoid not engaging. Took it off and it tested fine at the auto parts store, but had a loose terminal on the solenoid so they gave me a new one. Put it in and I am still having the same problem, turn the key and click, it wont engage. Any ideas where to look, I swapped the ac and starter relay already, and that did not help. I unbolted the starter and dropped it out of the way of the flywheel, and tried the key and it still just clicked, then took it back and this one tested fine too. I'm going to wire brush the 2 terminals in the morning and hook the multimeter up to em, how much voltage should be going through there? Anybody have any ideas where I should look. I assume its getting power, due to the clicking coming from the solenoid. I also bought a new relay that I'm going to try in the morning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Like if its a possible wire issue where to look.

Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 7:12 PM

BLACKOP555

Sounds like your battery is to weak replace and you should be good to go!

Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 7:32 PM