1995 GMC C1500 Erractic fuel

MECHANIC2010
  • 1995 GMC C1500
When problems started the fuel would squirt and then quit; squirt and then quit into the carbeutor causing it to backfire and then run very poorly with no power to drive it. Then, after a few tries and a day later, the truck started and ran perfect for a whole day; then the next day it started doing the same thing (squirting fuel and quitting). I then kept trying to see if it would start and run good again and after the third time of it not running good it will not even start now.

I checked in the carb and when its spinning over there is just a dribble of fuel coming in, not a spray; but I poured fuel into the carb and that did not make it run. I have not yet checked how good the spark is.

I replaced the ignition module in the distributor and noticed one of the wires had two cracks in the insulation. I put tape around one crack but the other one closer to where it comes out, I could not tape it. The module did not solve the problem.
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 9:49 PM

PEAR69
Do you have fuel injectors or a carb?
Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 1:19 AM