1994 Geo Tracker Turn signals do not work

AUDBAL82
  • 1994 GEO TRACKER
I just pruchased the 1994 Geo Tracker with 132,000 miles on it and the turn signals do not work inside or outside and there is no clicking noise made inside either.

The flashers DO work.
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 4:27 AM

BUDDYCRAIGG
Start by checking the turn signal flasher.
-1
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 10:16 AM
AUDBAL82
I picked up the flasher, but can't find the insert/place for it. Even had the autopart guy come out and look. OH well. I will have my brother in law look at it tommarrow.

Thanx for you time!
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 8:00 PM
BUDDYCRAIGG
I dont have a picture,
But my book says that the flasher is located under the left side of the dash, next to the ECM computer.

If the flasher doesn't fix the problem.
And you have verified that the hazards work correctly (as in not a ground problem with the bulbs themselves)
and you have checked the 15amp turn signal fuse.
Then the problem would have to be in the turn signal switch.

Double check the fuse for me.
+1
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 8:44 PM
AUDBAL82
I do have the manual for repairing the car and it says the flasher should be right where u said it is and thats where my brother thinks it should be. But I'm not seeing it. But I'm a bit of a girl about these things. Just learning.

We started out witht he fuse, that didn't fix it. I just hope it's not the switch, thats 200 bucks!

Thank you for replying
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 11:39 PM
BUDDYCRAIGG
If you are in the same boat as me and have more time than money.

Then you might try spraying the inside of the switch with contact cleaner.
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 AT 11:55 PM
AUDBAL82
Yes, I do have alot more time than money. I was laid off and lost my Elantra to reposession so with some family help I had enough money to buy this Tracker. Whew.

I haven't been in this boat in a while, but it's nice to have the title to my own car rather than the lien holder! Haha I'd rather have a car stuck in the drive way for a couple weeks than fearing a reposession and killing my credit score. It's either a rock or hard place, isn't it?

I drove it today with the hazrds on just so I couldn't get a ticket for not using a blinker. Plus, it was only my third day driving the manual. So it gave other drivers a lil warning of my possible. MISTAKES. Lame, I know!
Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 12:49 AM