Geo Prizm

RB5669
  • GEO PRIZM

I have a 1005 Geo Prizm and I need to change the back brakes, the exhaust fom the converter to the muffler and I would like to change the fuel filter. For someone who wants to learn about cars how long will they take me, where is the fuel filter located and what is the best way to do all this. I'm low on funds so I woud like to try it all myself.

Friday, June 9th, 2006 AT 8:13 AM

MMPRINCE3000

Your best investment would be $16 for a Haynes manual. You can also see if the factory manual is available. I bought a factory manual for my '91 Prizm on ebay for $4.95 plus $5.00 shipping. The Haynes manual is a good resource and has procedures for all the repairs you mentioned.

Sunday, July 1st, 2007 AT 6:02 AM
DIPWEED23

If that was supposed to be 1995 as the year, your Fuel filter is located on the fire wall, on the drivers side. You wil have to remove the air intake hose from the intake manifold to access it. Be sure to use backup wrenches on the fuel filter when taking out the "banjo" bolts in the ends.

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 1:08 AM