Fuel pump reset switch

KRISTI RENYER
  • 2007 FORD F-150
My truck just lost power and died while driving on the highway yesterday. Got a new battery did not do the trick. Truck will turn over but not start, seems it is not getting fuel. Mechanic friend told us to try the fuel pump reset option and we kept pushing the button but not sure how to tell if it is resetting properly or if we need to replace the whole fuel pump relay or where to start with diagnoses issues.
Monday, August 29th, 2016 AT 8:34 AM

The button should be down if down it is working. Check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it. Also since you replaced battery try resetting security system if no owners manual look online for your vehicle on how to do it.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
Monday, August 29th, 2016 AT 9:45 AM
KRISTI RENYER
Also I have read some things about the fuel sensor module malfunctioning being common in an f150. Located near the spare tire, do you know anything about this?
Monday, August 29th, 2016 AT 12:02 PM
I do not see any tips on this as normally if they go bad most mechanics put a tip in out manual with it. It would need to be scanned for codes by a mechanic to see if it is bad anyhow. If you spray choke cleaner into intake and truck starts it is probably a fuel problem but you would want it scanned prior to putting a module on it just to verify it. They cost anywhere from about $60 to 160 at rock auto, more at a dealer and a little more at a garage.
Monday, August 29th, 2016 AT 12:55 PM
KRISTI RENYER
Alright so we have now tried all of this including replacing the fuel pump and the fuel line, any recommendations?
Monday, September 12th, 2016 AT 1:05 PM
KRISTI RENYER
Although we do now believe that it is getting fuel. Thinkin possibly something in the motor now!
Monday, September 12th, 2016 AT 1:47 PM
Have you scanned for codes and try doing a secutity system reset. If no manual look online for your vehicle on how to do it.
Monday, September 12th, 2016 AT 3:17 PM