Fuel pump relay location

STEVEN MOYERS
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRUCK
Put new pump in and now I am not getting power to my pump. Check little fuses they all good. Need help finding pump relay switch.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 4:35 PM

Are you cranking the engine while checking for voltage to the pump? What symptom are you trying to solve and what led up to the problem? Have you checked for spark?
-1
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 4:38 PM
STEVEN MOYERS
Am not getting no power to the fuel pump only power I am getting is the fuel level that is to the purple wire. Have no power whatsoever to the grey.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 4:42 PM
STEVEN MOYERS
After I put the pump in it fired up ran good in my driveway then when I went to take it for a ride and give it gas it sounded like it was starving for gas. When I downshifted it from third to second it just shut off. I had no gas or power to the pump.
+1
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 4:48 PM
Have you checked for spark or did you get stuck on the first thing you found missing? Fuel supply system failures account for about four percent of crank/ no-starts. Loss of spark accounts for about another one percent. Loss of spark and fuel accounts for ninety five percent of these no-starts. Once I know if you have spark, I can figure out where to start the diagnosis.

Also, you did not tell me if you are checking for voltage to the fuel pump while cranking the engine. You had better not have voltage to it if the engine is not rotating.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 5:08 PM
STEVEN MOYERS
Only thing I had I was testing with a test light.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 5:11 PM
STEVEN MOYERS
Only thing I had I was testing with a test light
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 5:12 PM
I will be back tomorrow to see if you checked for spark or answered any of my other questions. You should have zero volts feeding the fuel pump unless the engine is rotating.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 6:14 PM