Fuel pump

TAKEISHA SHANDELL
  • 2003 KIA SORENTO
  • 23 MILES
I have someone that worked on my truck. The fuel pump was or is going bad. It will buzz sometimes and sometimes it won't. Before giving it to the guy it would crank and run. Now after fixing what I needed and paid him to fix he says that the vehicle won't start anymore. It'll crank but won't turn over. He says the fuel pump has completely gone out even though he said it started up after replacing my water pipe and pump. My question is, is it even possible for a fuel pump to go completely out even though the vehicle hasn't been ran or driven? I feel like he's trying to continue to get money out of me.
Monday, May 13th, 2019 AT 11:14 AM

SCWICKEDSTANG

Fuel pumps are like being pregnant, they either work or they don't. When you turn your vehicle's key on you should hear the fuel pump come on a two or three seconds to prime the fuel system. So, let's see if you are getting battery voltage back to the fuel pump. With the multimeter already measuring the voltage, I need you to have an assistant turn the key to RUN. I want you to have the red lead of the multimeter backprobing pin #4 of the fuel pump connector(Red Wire) and the black lead good metal to metal contact on the vehicle body.I have included the wiring diagrams for your vehicle's fuel pump in the diagrams down below. Please get back to us with what you find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, May 13th, 2019 AT 2:52 PM