FRONT PASSENGER SIDE SUPPORT LINKAGE BAR FROM ARB TO SUSPENSION

2002 Toyota Corolla

davidwilliamson70

August, 15, 2013 AT 2:47 PM

Right where shall I start, I don't have much money at the minute and did a service with no problems as normal. I then changed a support linkage bar with a number on the front of saying 13( torque setting I presume) and this is where my worry is. I don't normally do things to a car if I don't know what I'm doing but like a prize idiot I did so this time or so I think lol. I did not have a torque bar as I don't work on my car that much just the odd bit. This is where my worry is. I tightened the nuts slowly on both ends slowly and carefully until they were fully tightened where the bolt just minimally moved like a millimetre or even less. I'm really bothered now that I did it without a torque wrench properly and was wondering what I should do. Will that small amount be fine, it feels tight enough but have I tightened it too much because of the small movement of the bolt? Should I take it back off and get a proper wrench before things get bedded in(only did at 1300h on the 15th). Have I ruined it and have to start again? IS IT SAFE?
I'm sorry for being a complete fool doing this but need to get this worry out my mind.
Thank you for your time.

David

Jacobandnickolas

August, 15, 2013 AT 8:00 PM

What do you mean by support linkage? What part was replaced?

Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Replace Tie Rod End
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class