Front, driver-side window not functioning up nor down.

JOEMAN34
  • 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY

The front driver-side window will not move up nor down via the electronic switch on the door inside panel. All of the other windows function properly. I believe the issue is with the electric motor that functions the windows. Please help.

Sunday, May 12th, 2013 AT 12:57 PM

DOCFIXIT

Maybe right or could be switch do you have a meter or test light?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, May 12th, 2013 AT 1:00 PM
JOEMAN34

No, nothing out of the ordinary is 'on-display' if that is what you are asking. Could it be some kind of fuse problem? If not a fuse problem, I bet it has something to do with the wiring / overall wellness of the electric motor that runs those switches. Any more suggestions?

Monday, May 13th, 2013 AT 5:22 AM
DOCFIXIT

Need to check for voltage at switch if present then operate switch check for voltage to motor if present then motor faulty

Monday, May 13th, 2013 AT 12:49 PM
SPECIAL_K

OK so I was freaking out because I was having the same issue with my 2004 Avalon. Checked the fuses by switching the driver window with the windshield wipers (both 25A) check no problem. Then I saw that the courtesy light in the door would dim when I pressed the button down. I narrowed it down to the battery or the window being off kilter somehow. So I detached the battery cables and cleaned the terminals and cables with baking soda and vinegar, rinsed with water and dried. I also cleaned inside the switch with a isopropyl alcohol and Q-tips by lifting the button and slipping the alcohol soaked Q-tip inside the switch. Still nothing. Then I thought about slamming the door 2 or 3 times might free something up in the door. Then I tried to start the car and my battery had been discharged because I apparently left the trunk cracked open all night. So I jumped the car and the driver window started working again! Not sure what actually worked but maybe you could try these steps before going to the dealer. I read somewhere that the regulator and/or motor could cost between $250 and $1100 depending on what you end up needing because it' s 1.5 - 3 hours labor.

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 AT 1:48 PM