97 Windstar, 200000 kms

SSRED
  • 2000 FORD WINDSTAR
My van has oil leaking into the radiator and I have no idea where it's coming from. I've flushed the rad and it will stay clear for a about a day until the oils starts leaking into it again. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Also the needles for my speedomoter, odometer and rpms go haywire at times. The dials are just all over the place and then they'll calm down, sometimes sitting at zero and then go back to normal or just go haywire and then go back to normal. How can I fix this and stop it from happening anymore?

I know I have an electrical problem with the lights because they sometimes turn on if I hit a bump while I'm driving and to turn them off I have to jiggle the ignition. Is this in anyway related to my haywire gauges and if not any ideas as to where I can peek to stop the on/off?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :Mrgreen:
Thursday, September 13th, 2007 AT 1:20 PM

SERVICE WRITER
I don't know that this is your particular solution, but I have seen winstars that have a rotted main harness that lays between the firewall and the engine, towards the passsenger side.

What color is the oil in the radiator? Reddish?
Thursday, September 13th, 2007 AT 1:46 PM
SSRED
Hey thank for responding. The oil in the radiator is kind of dark brown or black.
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 5:29 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Although I haven't seen it personally, I have heard of timing cover gaskets causing this on the windstars.
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 7:14 PM