2003 Ford Windstar October 2009 ABS Recall 09V399000

LOVEQUICK
  • 2003 FORD WINDSTAR

Brakes problem
2003 Ford Windstar 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I took my 2003 Ford Windstar to the Ford Dealer on Friday to check to see if my car was included in the ABS recall. My brake light and ABS light always come on (even after I had a brake job) and my cruise control stopped working. They installed my new wiring harness and then told me that I qualified for 'Phase 2' of the recall. They took several pictures of the car and told me that they would call me when the had the 'Parts' in to fix my car. On Monday they called me and told me to bring my car in immediately. They offered me a rental car and told me that they had no idea how long it would take to get fixed. I have yet to know exactly what they are about to do to the car but they must have noticed some pretty extensive damage to put me in a rental. Has anyone else gotten their car fixed as part of the recall. Also- when they did 'Phase 1' the ABS and Brake lights still came on. Is there anything that I need to request or check to make sure my car was fixed properly?

Thanks!

K

Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 AT 2:35 PM

TWTZCC

I had abs, brake light and track light coming on on me. I had the abs module replace. $ 1600 later no problem. Have them change the abs madule. I have an appointment for the recall and I am hoping that they will pay me back my money. I think that this is provable your phase 2 problem.

Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 7:53 AM