2002 FORD WINDSTAR PASSENGER SLIDING DOOR

• BOOPAH
  • 2002 Ford Windstar

2002 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 122120 miles

Our passenger door on the driver side would not close. It would slide almost to the closing point, then slide open. I pushed down the button beneath the window to lock the door and the door slid shut, but now it's permanently locked and we can't open the door. The dealer wants $795 to repair it. The fuse appears to be okay since everything else on that fuse is operational. I tried to pull up the lock button with pliers, but it won't budge. I removed the cover on the door handle, but couldn't see inside the door much. Can you help? The dealer's anaylsis (I paid $90 to have him look at the problem) is "RL sliding door latch and actuator + woring asse and need to adjust door assts and readvice" (I couldn't read the handwriting well--worse than a doctor's).

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 7:19 PM

• master tech dan

The dealer is probly right the accuator is a little motor on the latch that locks the door and they freeze check the junk yard for a used one then take the door scin off to dissengae the rod so you can open it and replace the latch assembly

Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 AT 7:44 PM