1997 Ford Thunderbird my car wont start but will turn over.

DFRANCIS1984
  • 1997 FORD THUNDERBIRD
My car will turn over but will not start. When it used to start, it would run very rough and would not go over 15mph. I have changed the spark plugs, and coil pack. I have also cut off the cats to see if it would start then, I still can not get it to fire. Could you please help me.
Saturday, February 27th, 2010 AT 4:26 AM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Saturday, February 27th, 2010 AT 5:12 AM