MY CAR WONT START BUT WILL TURN OVER.

1997 Ford Thunderbird

dfrancis1984

February, 27, 2010 AT 4:26 AM

1997 Ford Thunderbird 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102, 00 miles

My car will turn over but will not start. When it used to start, it would run very rough and would not go over 15mph. I have changed the spark plugs, and coil pack. I have also cut off the cats to see if it would start then, I still can not get it to fire. Could you please help me.

February, 27, 2010 AT 5:12 AM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement