Spark plugs (Autolite Platinum AP26 .060" gap) have dry black soot on electrodes. I'm using regular unleaded. Car starts up in morning very slowly and many times dies out before warming up to operating temperature. Sometimes I have to manually open the Motorcraft 2bl carb throttle plate to get the car to warm up. Once the engine is warmed up, it seems to run well. Engine is 351-Modified V8 Windsor (5.8L). Car is located in Oregon where the temps have been cold with rain and snow. Also, is there a better spark plug I could be using for this older car? Original factory spark plug back in 1978 was a Motorcraft ASF-52. Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!
have the same problem?
Monday, January 5th, 2009 AT 4:38 PM