1989 Ford Tempo Won't Start

MAWILSON
  • 1989 FORD TEMPO
1989 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Car was working great. Parked it last night and this morning it would not start.
I checked the spark by removing a plug and there is fire there
I checked coil resistance & power to the coil from the ignition
Could not get the distributer cap off to check for moisture but put the hair dryer on it for about 10 min and sprayed wires with wd-40
I checked the fuel by removing the gas line on the out side of the filter and there appears to be good fuel pressure
It is not cold out so I am certian it is not froze up, I also use gas line deicer in the last fill up.
Plugs do not appear to be wet when removed even though I have purposly tried to flood the car (to see if fuel was gwtting to the plugs) by cranking with gas pedal partially depressed, thougth that was weird
Is it possible for the fire not to be hot enough even though I can see it on the plug?
Will the engine get fire if all or part of the Ignition Module is gone?
Any suggestions on what to try would be nice, car only has 50,000miles
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 11:01 AM

FIXITMR
Get it fixed?What was it. You could have removed large air hose on top rear middle of intake and put gas in thru there or squirted in throttle butterfly and tried again. If that worked then injectors are not putting out fuel. That old a car with that few miles can have lots of sudden failures do to age of parts. Old low mileage cars can be a real headache.
Sunday, February 1st, 2009 AT 10:16 PM