DOOR AJAR WARNING

2002 Ford Taurus

2002taurus

September, 5, 2006 AT 11:05 PM

2002 ford taurus with 70000 miles. The door ajar light came on today while driving. All doors were closed. I opened each door one at a time, the light went out when I closed the drivers side door. In about 5 minutes it came on again. After I parked the car, I waited to see what would happen and the interior lighsts came on after about 5 minutes. Just like when you open the door. The lights would not go out, so I disconected the battery. Is the problem in the door switch or a relay?

NOS

September, 6, 2006 AT 6:41 PM

Try this first (do not use wd 40) it is a good product but not in this case. Go to parts store and gets some PB blaster it is in a yellow looking can. I'am going to take a chance here and asume that you live on a dirt road. : Roll: open each dooor and wash each lock mechaniseum out the best you can while doing so open and close the doors several times. The lockes are tied into a door lock moduel they get gummed up and cant function. Try that first before any thing else. Hope this helps (NOS) 8)

2002taurus

September, 7, 2006 AT 7:08 AM

I have disconected the wired plug that goes to the door switch on the drivers side door. The problem seems to be with this switch. I also seems to be very hard to get the switch out. I will check on a new one today.

NOS

September, 7, 2006 AT 6:56 PM

Hope that fixes for you. They can be a bear to change cause of all the clips and rods that have to be disconnected. And reconnected. I belive your on the right track though.(NOS)

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011