RUNNING ROUGH

Ford Taurus

tsolis1200

September, 10, 2006 AT 2:52 AM

I HAVE A 2001 TAURUS WITH A 3.0L 12V AUTO WITH 75000 MILES.I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY O2 SENSORS IT SHOWS THEM AS WORKING LAZY I REPLACED THEM TWICE ALREADY AND NO CHANGE ON THE SCANNER AS SOON AS I GIVE IT GAS ITS DROPS TO ZERO IT IS THE BANK ONE SENSOR ONE THAT IS DOING IT. IT ALSO HAS AN OCASSIONAL MISFIRE ON CYLINDER ONE AND SIX, I REPLACED FUEL INJECTORS, SPARK PLUG WIRES, SPARK PLUGS, IGNITION COIL, FUEL FILTER NO CHANGE WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I CHECK NEXT. ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL THANKS HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP ME

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

jackotrades

September, 10, 2006 AT 11:37 AM

Was this a flood recovered vehicle if so you'll have alot of problems with the electrical system mainly corrosion inside the computer. If not than you probably have a pretty simple fix. Your coolent temp. Sensor that relays information to the computer(not the dummy light or fan control sensor) regulates the air fuel mixture according to engine temp. If this is not working it will show the vehicle as running cold all the time and will create a rich burn and will trigger a o2 sensor problem code, more so will actually burn out the o2 sensors one after the other. Also this problem is typical for dropping fuel economy

NOS

September, 11, 2006 AT 11:04 PM

Is the code saying lean bank one. Lazy switching or something to that affect. If so look the motor over real close for vaccum leaks. Scanner will always set bank one code that sensor is closest to the intake maniflod again look for vaccum leaks (NOS) 8)ps there is usualy a vaccum line that goes to the PCV valve and it will suck in and get a hole in it nad just make the 02's go hay wire. And there to expencive to keep replaceing