Low Coolant Light & Popping Noise in Firewall

FROGWENDELL
  • FORD TAURUS
1999 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L DOHC 100,981 miles - In June 2006 my low coolant light came on. I took it to a repair mechanic & they flushed my radiator & did not find any leaks. They told me my low coolant sensor has gook on it and not to worry. The light turned off. Starting in Nov 2006 my low coolant light has been going on at least four times a week & stays on a short time & then goes off. During all this when my car heater heats up a "popping" noise on the drivers side near the firewall goes off. On Jan 8, 2007 after this happens at least once a day, every other day a loud "popping" noise goes off by the right front tire or passenger side of the firewall. I did slide off the road in December (due to snow) and into a ditch with my wheels cranked all the way to the left and the right side of my wheels hit the curb before I went into the ditch but the repair mechanic said everything looked fine. What would cause this once per day driver side "popping" noise and the once in a while loud "popping" noise on the right side of my car?
Sunday, January 28th, 2007 AT 4:52 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Stabilizer link maybe. Have the alignment checked or alignment performed to rule out damage from the slide incident.
Sunday, January 28th, 2007 AT 6:11 PM

Sponsored links