HOOD LATCH

Ford Taurus

TYLERDURDEN

February, 28, 2007 AT 2:35 PM

2001 taurus

my hood won't latch when I close it. The cable isn't broken, maybe a little loose, but I can't find anything wrong with any of the parts. ANy ideas?

Thanks.

Hood Latch

Hood Latch

1 ANSWER

CHEVYII

February, 28, 2007 AT 2:38 PM

Keep hood open and go insode and pull the lever, let hood down slowly and see if the latch and the catch line up if not you will need to bend tha catch in the right position may be something else but start there

thanks, jim

oh and if you are happy with the info please leave some feedback we all donate out time here helping people for free

TYLERDURDEN

February, 28, 2007 AT 2:41 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

TYLERDURDEN

February, 28, 2007 AT 3:32 PM

Everything seems to line up, and with a screwdriver I can push the mechanism down and it will latch (and the release handle will then release it) but when I close the hood it looks like it just doesn't go down far enough to catch.

CHEVYII

February, 28, 2007 AT 3:38 PM

Without seeing it I would look for anything under the hood not allowing it to close and make sure the latch is unlatched like you did with the screw driver, ther are also tow rubber stoppers on eith side of the radiator support that can be adjusted up or down for clearance issues you can adjust these by hand

jim

TYLERDURDEN

February, 28, 2007 AT 3:43 PM

Thats the thing - it doesn't look like it could close anymore. I was considering adding a couple of washers to the bar on the actual hood to see if that will get it to latch. When I push the hood all the way down it is pretty much flush (looks like it is going down all the way). Everything inside the mechanism looks sturdy.

Thanks again for the help.

CHEVYII

February, 28, 2007 AT 3:51 PM

Try and spin the stoppers down, they are either on the fenders at the front of the hood or on the rad support, I wouldnt try the spacer on the latch, just look at it closely whe its closing and spin those rubber stops down a few turns ad try it and keep adjusting until the hood will go low enough

thanks, jim

Hood Latch Stuck Closed
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement