FUEL FILTER LOCATION

• berklym62
  • Ford Taurus

1991 ford taurus gl, about 135,000 miles, I think, with 3.0 NON-sho engine. Chilton says how to change fuel filter, but not where it is? Also, how can I relieve fuel pressure without buying the " special tool"?And, lately, the car has been stalling at idle, but only afterrunning well like at hiway speeds, stop at a red light, it starts idling rough, then knocks and backfires thru the intake manifold, then dies. Sometimes, it might start right back up again, but usually, I have to wait AT LEAST a couple of hours, or over night, to get it running again. Then, it runs like there wasnt any thing wrong at all, till it does it again! I only paid $270.00 for the car, ran very good when I bought it, so I dont want to put too much $$$ into it.

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 2:06 PM

• TaurusWheel

Fuel filter, I believe, is located in front of the right rear wheel, up on the frame, held in place with a hose clamp. To relieve pressure in the system, unplug the connector from the fuel pump shutoff located in the right rear quarter panel, usually right near the rear marker lamp. Accessed thru a small door on wagons and thru the panel on sedans, may have to remove the panel on sedan. For all, unplug the connector, then start the car, it'll die off quickly you're all set to change the filter.

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 10:48 PM
  • berklym62

THANK YOU! It is 9: 48pm now, but I will look tomorrow, and see if it is there! FINALLY! I got some info on this thing! Thank you so much, again!

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 11:49 PM
  • berklym62

Ok, yes, thank you for your help, found the filter, right where you said it was! Already replaced the filter, changed the oil and oil filter, as well. I simply cant figure out how CHILTON can tell you how to remove it, but wont tell you where the hell it is, first : roll:

Monday, March 12th, 2007 AT 1:32 AM
  • TaurusWheel

Beautiful, sometimes that clamp can be a pain.

Monday, March 12th, 2007 AT 2:13 PM