Engine mounts

LOGANBYRNE
  • FORD TAURUS
I have a 92 Taurus Wagon and the front right engine mount has broken 3 times in the last 6 months. Is this normal? I have to get it fixed under warrenty and I think I am getting hosed by the mechanic. I have owned this car since 04/2006 and the first problem with it was 01/2007. Then again, and I was lied to, bac/k in 04/2007 and now today.
Saturday, June 16th, 2007 AT 10:22 PM

LOGANBYRNE
I have a 3.0 V6 automatic. This is the third time in 6 months it has broken. The mechanic says it is a hydraulic mounting.
Sunday, June 17th, 2007 AT 2:29 PM
LOGANBYRNE
I jacked the front of the car up and found a liqiud sitting on top of the engine mount. Looking under the front of the car, I found a large amount of oil splatter under all of the pieces in the front of the engine compartment. The hose to the A/C broke when I first got the car, but ALL my fluid levels are still fine. The power steering level has not changed and doesn't seem to be actively leaking. But there was a large amount of oil splatter under the compressor assembly. Thoughts?
Sunday, June 17th, 2007 AT 6:58 PM
LOGANBYRNE
Wondering if I can get them to fix it if it seemed this is because of the bad job they did the first two times. Seeing they must have missed this both times.
Sunday, June 17th, 2007 AT 7:00 PM
LOGANBYRNE
In in this morning and the same mechanic didn't seem surprised to see me. Just waiting on his diagnosis of what is causing the problem. I did mention that thw oil splatter seems to be a result of the engine jumping, but he didn't respond. Will follow up later. Thanx for your insight.
Monday, June 18th, 2007 AT 7:41 AM
LOGANBYRNE
Called the master mechanic of the shop and he had NO clue what caused it to fail. Even probed about the possibility of other factors or liquids causing it and he had no clue. The oil in the under-carriage was from the hydraulic mount exploding. Says it was sheared. Taking to a more trusting mech on Thurs. But thank you for your insight.
Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 AT 11:07 PM
LOGANBYRNE
CAN'T AFFORD MY OWN CARFAX REPORT
Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 9:42 PM