2003 FORD TAURUS HEATER NOT GETTING HOT

• Gigglesme
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
2003 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Automatic 200, 00 miles

the heater is not putting out hot air. I changed the thermastate. Now it only gets hot while the car is in motion but when at a stand still and car is running the heat turns cold.

Friday, November 21st, 2008 AT 6:03 PM

• BMRFIXIT

Check coolant make sure it has enough
check heater hoses if both hot if not heater core need to be flushed
I would suspect low on coolant
if you like to flush the heater core
WARNING: NEVER REMOVE THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP UNDER ANY CONDITIONS WHILE THE ENGINE IS OPERATING. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE COOLING SYSTEM OR ENGINE AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY. TO AVOID HAVING SCALDING HOT COOLANT OR STEAM BLOW OUT OF THE COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE, USE EXTREME CARE WHEN REMOVING THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP FROM A HOT COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE. WAIT UNTIL THE ENGINE HAS COOLED, THEN WRAP A THICK CLOTH AROUND THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP AND TURN IT SLOWLY UNTIL PRESSURE BEGINS TO RELEASE. STEP BACK WHILE THE PRESSURE IS RELEASED FROM THE COOLING SYSTEM. WHEN CERTAIN ALL PRESSURE HAS BEEN RELEASED, PRESS DOWN ON THE PRESSURE CAP (STILL WITH A CLOTH), TURN AND REMOVE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP.
Engine cool
lower the coolant level
Locate the two hoses running to the heater core
disconnect them at the engine side leaving hoses connected to heater core throw the firewall
use garden water hose and compressed air if possible
run the water and follow by air throw one side and out the other and vice versa
do that two to three times watching what leaving the heater core you are looking for the good flow and clear water to run throw
good luck
let me know

Friday, November 21st, 2008 AT 7:43 PM