2002 Ford Taurus

KELLY LYNN C
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
Brakes problem
2002 Ford Taurus V6 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

When stopping and then going I noticed my brake light on my instument panel comes on then goes off. I have heard a squelling sound when braking. Are my brake pads going or could there just be dust in the brakes? I have ABS brakes.

Thanks,

A single mom with not a whole lot of money to spend on things that are not needed.
Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 AT 8:07 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Check the brake fluid level, it may just be a low fluid warning coming on as the fluid surges when the car lurches. Best to have the brakes inspected as well, as the low fluid will be a result of brake pad wear, or fluid leaking.

Mark (mhpautos) :D
Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 AT 9:51 PM
KELLY LYNN C
THANKS FOR THE SPEEDY RESPONSE, HOWEVER NOT NEEDED NOW AS I HAD AN ACCIDENT YESTERDAY AND WROTE THE CAR OFF. SO NOW IT WILL BE SHOPPING AGAIN. IT TOOK SUCH A LONG TIME TO FIND THAT CAR. I WOULD LIKE TO GET ANOTHER TAURUS DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GOOD CARS? COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME POINTERS WHEN LOOKING FOR A USED CAR? I HAVE 2 MALE FRIENDS AND NEITHER ONE IS ANYWHERE NEAR MECHANICALY INCLINED. I REALIZE YOU PROBALBY GET A LOT OF THESE REQUEST SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME DON'T WORRY.

THANKS AGAIN,

KELLY
Monday, December 10th, 2007 AT 3:04 PM
MHPAUTOS
Hi Kelly.

Sorry to hear about your car, as long as nobody was hurt, that the main thing. I am unable to comment on you last car, only because I live in Australia and we don't have that model here. I will not use this forum for a used car report breakdown, but if you like I can IM or Email you with some tips a bit later on today or this evening (my time)

Monday, December 10th, 2007 AT 3:45 PM
KELLY LYNN C
Thanks again. I certainly do not want you to get any trouble for giving me advise on what to look for when buying a used vechile on this website. I realize I should not have asked as this was not the purpose of this website!

I appreciate your help anyways, I am sure when I do find a new car I'll have more questions to ask.

Thanks Again,

Kelly :>
Monday, December 10th, 2007 AT 6:23 PM