DOOR AJAR LIGHT WILL NOT GO OFF...

2001 Ford Taurus

amcfadge

June, 4, 2009 AT 11:19 PM

2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 79300 miles

Hello. My door ajar light will not go off, even though all my doors are shut tight. I know the door causing the issue is on the front driver side. I've slammed it pretty firmly, and sometimes the light will go off but now it's staying on consistently. I don't want to slam it too as to avoid more severe damage to the door. It's affecting the auto lock function once my car starts moving. Normally all the doors lock once I begin driving, but now that won't work. Also, when I activate the keyless lock once I've got out the car, the horn sounds twice instead of once like it's supposed to.

bluelightnin6

June, 4, 2009 AT 11:28 PM

Hello and thanks for the donation!

These symptoms are caused by a faulty door ajar switch. Try spraying some WD40 or equivalent into the door latch. This should loosen up the switch some to see if it helps as a temporary fix. If not then you will have to replace the switch assembly.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner