• Tiny
  • stevemag1961
  • 1999 Ford Taurus

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i have a rusted pipi on my car it goes from the bottom of engine to the front of the engine it has a rubber hose about 2 inches long on each end that is crimped th the pipe and clampe to thengine on both ends the pipe is about 12 to 18 inches and curves around to the front

Sunday, March 7th, 2010 AT 12:20 PM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • merlin2021
  • Expert
  • 17,583 posts

If you are talking about the small diameter ones, 3/4 inch, they are for the heat, the larger that run to the bottom of the radiator and to the recovery tank are for the engine cooling, both can be replaced at the local parts store, they will not b metal as they are now, they use plastic tees and sections of hose clamped together by you! Or go to Ford for the preformed ones(much more expensive)!

Was this
Sunday, March 7th, 2010 AT 12:27 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions