Ford Taurus How to deactivate or reset anti theft? Car

JACKNJIM
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

The keyless entry wouldn't work and our son used his key to unlock the door and now the car won't start and the anti theft light keeps flashing. He is at college and a few guys tried to help by disconnecting battery and then they also tried turning key on waiting 20 min. But still nothing! Any suggestions?

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 6:19 PM

TAURUSFAN01

You can't disable the theft light. The key to start the car has a electronic chip in it. If a programmed key isn't used to start up the car, it won't start. Check any other keys you have for the car. You may be using an unprogrammed key or the chip in it went bad. If you go to the dealer to get the key re-programmed you will probably need all the keys with you in the event they have to totally reset the anti-theft system and re-program the keys. It's usually around $75.00.

+2
Sunday, May 9th, 2010 AT 6:58 PM
STONEWALL
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

I don't have the keyless code entry for the driver door keypad. I think it may be taped to the computer unit. Where is the computer physically so I can look there? Is there a way to recover the code? Would Ford have the code somewhere on file?

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:28 PM
BMRFIXIT
  • MERGED

Check in the trunk left side
for a black box with the code on it
let me know
i will try and look it up for you

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:28 PM
BMRFIXIT
  • MERGED

Also check left side of dash around fuse box

NOTE:Factory code is printed on owner's wallet card, located in glove compartment and on Generic Electronic Module (GEM).

NOTE:System only allows one personal code to be programmed. Any existing personal code will not need to be erased to program a new one.

Enter permanent factory keyless entry keypad code. Press 1/2 button within five seconds to activate programming mode. Holding 1/2 button for more than two seconds after activation will erase the stored personal code.
Within five seconds, enter new five-digit keyless entry keypad code. Power door locks will lock and unlock to confirm new code is programmed.

+1
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:28 PM
ANTHONYOTT99
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

how fo I tell if my 1999 ford taurus came with keyless entry? Bought it used and dont know how toll if it has the keyless entry o I can purchase a ky fob remote to have programmed. It has power locks.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:28 PM
DAVE H
  • MERGED

Contact your local ford dealer with the VN #. They should be able to tell yoi if your model was fitted with keyless entry !

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM
TUFFFIREGUY
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

Keyless entry came with the car but I want a remote starter, do I need to buy a complete system that will do everything I want or can I just have the remote starter installed to save money?

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM
  • MERGED

-If I were you go to an auto/stereo installation shop and see their advise-

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM
RX008
  • 2005 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

Computer problem
2005 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 55,000 miles

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus bought used but cant get the factory keyless entry code. Manual says its on the "computer module" but I am not sure where this is located on this car.

Please help!

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM
  • MERGED

"The door code is located in three places. 1-on the security code card in the owner's manual packet, 2-In the internal memory of the module (accessed by a scan tool) and 3- under the hood (driver's side) near firewall you will see the module.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM