Ford Taurus How to deactivate or reset anti theft? Car

JACKNJIM
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

The keyless entry wouldn't work and our son used his key to unlock the door and now the car won't start and the anti theft light keeps flashing. He is at college and a few guys tried to help by disconnecting battery and then they also tried turning key on waiting 20 min. But still nothing! Any suggestions?

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 6:19 PM

TAURUSFAN01

You can't disable the theft light. The key to start the car has a electronic chip in it. If a programmed key isn't used to start up the car, it won't start. Check any other keys you have for the car. You may be using an unprogrammed key or the chip in it went bad. If you go to the dealer to get the key re-programmed you will probably need all the keys with you in the event they have to totally reset the anti-theft system and re-program the keys. It's usually around $75.00.

+2
Sunday, May 9th, 2010 AT 6:58 PM
STONEWALL
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS

2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

I don't have the keyless code entry for the driver door keypad. I think it may be taped to the computer unit. Where is the computer physically so I can look there? Is there a way to recover the code? Would Ford have the code somewhere on file?

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:28 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT

Check in the trunk left side
for a black box with the code on it
let me know
i will try and look it up for you

+1
BMRFIXIT

Also check left side of dash around fuse box

NOTE:Factory code is printed on owner's wallet card, located in glove compartment and on Generic Electronic Module (GEM).

NOTE:System only allows one personal code to be programmed. Any existing personal code will not need to be erased to program a new one.

Enter permanent factory keyless entry keypad code. Press 1/2 button within five seconds to activate programming mode. Holding 1/2 button for more than two seconds after activation will erase the stored personal code.
Within five seconds, enter new five-digit keyless entry keypad code. Power door locks will lock and unlock to confirm new code is programmed.

+1
ANTHONYOTT99
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

how fo I tell if my 1999 ford taurus came with keyless entry? Bought it used and dont know how toll if it has the keyless entry o I can purchase a ky fob remote to have programmed. It has power locks.

DAVE H

Contact your local ford dealer with the VN #. They should be able to tell yoi if your model was fitted with keyless entry !

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM (Merged)
TUFFFIREGUY
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS

Keyless entry came with the car but I want a remote starter, do I need to buy a complete system that will do everything I want or can I just have the remote starter installed to save money?

-If I were you go to an auto/stereo installation shop and see their advise-

RX008
  • 2005 FORD TAURUS

Computer problem
2005 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 55,000 miles

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus bought used but cant get the factory keyless entry code. Manual says its on the "computer module" but I am not sure where this is located on this car.

Please help!

-1

"The door code is located in three places. 1-on the security code card in the owner's manual packet, 2-In the internal memory of the module (accessed by a scan tool) and 3- under the hood (driver's side) near firewall you will see the module.

EAGRONT
  • 2005 FORD TAURUS

2005 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 44,000 miles

I bought a Ford Taurus 2005, and it came with only one key, which I can not open the trunk with it. I want to know, how do I know if this particular model came with remote entry key, if so, I could buy one and program it.

BILLYMAC

Hi yes it came with one go to the dealer about 40.00 it will come with programming instructions billymac

-1
JOHALCO
  • 2007 FORD TAURUS

2007 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

Ford 2007 Taurus, Keyless entry remote no longer works. Changed battery no luck. Tried reprograming and found door locks did not cycle open closed. Could not go further. Any ideas? Thanks

+1
BMRFIXIT

Check fuses and the reason that doors locks not working
checking for B codes should help too

JOHALCO

Have checked all fuses and they are good the door lock button on the door works fine but the locks won't cycle when you rotate the key eight times have even tried more rotations no check engine light on or anything wrong with the car also checked with ford to see if the car had the remote entry and they said by the vin # it had them don't know what else to do

BMRFIXIT

You need the help of a scanner tool

Related Security Content

Recommended guides