Heater not working

SHERIDAN
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

I replaced water pump on my wife taurus all went well I thought, when I got done started the car and didn't seem to have good heat. Next day I put in a new thermostat and gasket It seems like the A/C is running all the time its dripping from the a/c discharge (water) underneath and the a/c hose's under hood get condinsation on them and there cold and thats when heat is on both fans are on and with winter coming I must fix it I don't know what I cold have done But it seems like in my other car when you call for heat and forget to turn the button for a/c off it gets luke warm then when you turn the button off it gets hot seems like a/c on all the time
Help thanks John sheridan

Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 1:57 PM

DOCFIXIT

Can't think of a thing that would cause AC to stay on after water pump replacement. Fans and compressor on would have to be malfunction in select switch.

Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 2:29 PM
MICHELCHAP
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Checked coolant level. Back flushed heater core ect.
Just replaced heater core stll no heat. Stmped

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 AT 11:29 AM (Merged)
RIVERMIKERAT

Do you hear the blower with the fan switched to high? If not, check for power and ground to it.

+1
MAT0131
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 152000 miles

I recently purchased a 1999 Ford Taurus SE wagon. Does have a lot of miles but seems to have been well maintained for the most part. However, I wasn't getting any heat out of the heater. Had radiator flushed and thermostat replaced. Still no heat. Had heater core flushed and now it's providing lukewarm heat but still not like what it should provide. Also, my termperature gage on the instrument panel keeps going from normal back down to "C" (cold) while I'm driving. Also, I've noticed that the air coming out of the heater is a little warmer while I'm going down the road versus when I'm sitting still at a light.

SERVICE WRITER

Remove the heater hoses from the core, fill it with 10% muratic acid and 90% water solution. Let it set, filled up for a few hours and try the flushing of the core again. IF it still doesn't respond well enough, replace the core.

MAT0131

I have to go out of town this weekend and won't have time to try and flush the heater core again. Am I in any danger of harming the engine? And the temperature gage floating back and forth from normal to "C" is associated with the heater core issue and not a more serious engine issue?

SERVICE WRITER

No harm will be done to the engine. As far as the gauge goes, it sounds normal.

When the fan kicks on the temp will drop until it is cooled enough.

MAT0131

Awesome! Your info has been very helpful and comforting. Really appreciate it. Will definitely use this service again in the future!

PBLAKE49
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

inside cabin does not heat no matter where the heat control is set. Engine temperature is normal

BRITNYSCC

My husband says it is probably a problem with your heater core.

EZMONEY

You might have to purge the system of air. If air gets into the cooling system it will creat a buffer so hot water won't flow through the system

NYDREA
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

I changed the thermostate and still no heat. Went by a shop and they said both hoses were getting hot so had to be blend door motor. We replaced that and still have no heat. Now what?

ASEMASTER6371

It sounds like the heater core is clogged with debris. Remove both hoses and flush it with a garden hose. Flush it both ways till it is clear. If that does not do it, the core will have to be replaced.

CHRRYBLOSSOM1123
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have replaced the water pump and the thermosate, flushed the rad and the heater core. I have good water flow going threw the heater core. I have checked the blend door and it sounds like it is working. Did this by removing the blend door motor and working it by hand. The blower motor works fine. I have barely no heat at all. The temp changes from real cold to just cold as I work the blend door. HELP I HAVE NO HEAT AND LIVE IN MICHIGAN ! Thank You.

BLUELIGHTNIN6

Just because heater core is not clogged doesn't mean it is working. When engine is at operating temperature, feel the heater hoses leading out of the heater core. If they are not warm than heater core needs replaced.

AVIANCA
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 105, 00 miles

I have no heat in my car, I got a radiator flush last month, I had the thermostat change twice in the last year and I was told that if it was my heater core when I turned on my heat my windows would fog up and I would get a smell in the car and neither are happing, then I was told it might be the door sticking but I don't know where is the door under the dashboard. Can you please help.

Sincerely, FREEZING

TAURUSWHEEL

It's probably your heater core, most likely plugged up. Very well known issue especially with the piping system Ford uses on these cars. The thermostat doesn't need to be replaced unless your car is overheating, it is usually not a cause of no interior heat unless the engine is overheating due to a bad thermo. The door you mention is the temp blend door which can also cause no-heat problems, along with a worn out waterpump. Most, of course not all, issues with no heat have been partially plugged cores. Find someone who can flush it properly. Most have had success with direct flush hookup to the core, the hose bypass system creates it's own set of problems if you try to flush thru it, some have even totslly replaced the hose system with their own setup.

WNXCINDERSS
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

I have a 99 Taurus and no heat. We've changed the water pump and thermostat. The hose on the water pump was colder then the hose from the block. Any suggestions where to go from here. I know these Taurus have major issues when it comes to heat sigh.

BMRFIXIT

Check heater core hoses if both are hot, if not the heater core need to be flushed as a 1st step
these are the steps
WARNING: NEVER REMOVE THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP UNDER ANY CONDITIONS WHILE THE ENGINE IS OPERATING. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE COOLING SYSTEM OR ENGINE AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY. TO AVOID HAVING SCALDING HOT COOLANT OR STEAM BLOW OUT OF THE COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE, USE EXTREME CARE WHEN REMOVING THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP FROM A HOT COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE. WAIT UNTIL THE ENGINE HAS COOLED, THEN WRAP A THICK CLOTH AROUND THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP AND TURN IT SLOWLY UNTIL PRESSURE BEGINS TO RELEASE. STEP BACK WHILE THE PRESSURE IS RELEASED FROM THE COOLING SYSTEM. WHEN CERTAIN ALL PRESSURE HAS BEEN RELEASED, PRESS DOWN ON THE PRESSURE CAP (STILL WITH A CLOTH), TURN AND REMOVE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP.
Engine cool
lower the coolant level
Locate the two hoses running to the heater core
disconnect them at the engine side leaving hoses connected to heater core throw the firewall
use garden water hose and compressed air if possible
run the water and follow by air throw one side and out the other and vice versa
do that two to three times watching what leaving the heater core you are looking for the good flow and clear water to run throw
reconnect hoses
top off coolant system
good luck
let me know

SCHRADE
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99000 miles

car has no heat the hoses going to heater core are not hot but bypass is pinching off bypass doesn't seam to help also the ac compresser runs while tring to get heat