1998 FORD TAURUS FUSE BOX DIAGRAM

• dn4192
  • 1998 Ford Taurus

1998 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 129700 miles

I have a 1998 Ford Taurus se station wagon. It is a 6 cylinder/3.0 OHV. I need to remove a couple of fuses from the fuse box located next to the battery. However when you remove the lid it doesn't signify which fuse is which. I need to remove the fuses that activate the A/C compressor. I believe they are number 25 and 26. Is there somewhere on the web that has a diagram of this fuse box?

Monday, November 23rd, 2009 AT 3:04 PM

• BMRFIXIT

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic1_608.jpg

Monday, November 23rd, 2009 AT 8:53 PM
  • dn4192

Thanks for the diagram. Why does the AC clutch have two fuses? I am revoving them because with the issues I have having with my engine, using my defrost puts a strain on the engine and I was told that by removing them the deforster will still work with less stress on the engine.

-1
Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 9:06 AM
  • BMRFIXIT

Not recommended to do so but if you like to do it best if you remove the cycle switch connector or AC compressor clutch

-1
Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 4:22 PM
  • dn4192

My problem basically is that when I go to use the defrost it puts strain on my engine and I was told that when you use defrost the compressor comes on and that I don't need the compressor (unless I am using my AC which I don't) that it will put less strain and allow the defrost to work. And from the diagram I guess there are two fuses associated with the AC clutch and cylce switch.

Quote="BMRFIXIT"]Not recommended to do so but if you like to do it best if you remove the cycle switch connector or AC compressor clutch[/quote]

-1
Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 4:43 PM
  • BMRFIXIT

The compressor AC clutch comes on when defrost is on that to keep the system oiled
pulling the fuse may stop another circuit and pulling the plug off the cycle switch will stop the ac from kicking in

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 4:49 PM