1997 Ford Taurus Check Engine Light

• 1 POST
  • 1997 FORD TAURUS

Other Category problem
1997 Ford Taurus V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I Have a 97 Ford Taurus SHO. About two weeks ago, the battery light flashed on when I would accelerate more then I normally would. I just pushed it off and backed off on speeding. This morning on my way into work the check engine light is blinking non stop. I know the car needs a tune up but would the check engine light have to do anything else with the battery light. I am rather frustrated with this car even though I really love my car because it seems that every time I t urn around, something is breaking on it.

Thursday, January 17th, 2008 AT 7:21 AM

• 722 POSTS

If the light is blinking on and off, that usually indicates some type of misfire, in which case the cat can be damaged with continuous driving, have it looked at. The SHO is known to require more then average maintenance. A friend of mine has a 1987 SHO, yamaha engine 5 speed, super mint w less then 30k on it, he's the original owner. Always futzing with it, it is a beautiful car though

Thursday, January 17th, 2008 AT 6:11 PM