1997 Ford Taurus

BREBRE1234
  • 1997 FORD TAURUS
WELL I HAVENT DRIVEN MY CAR IN ABOUT 2YEARS IT BEEN PARK I TOOK MY CAR TO A REPAIR SHOP ABOUT 2YEARS AGO AND THEY SAID THAT ONE CYLINDER IS NOT FIRING AND THE (CAYTOLUS CONVERTER )IM NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL THIS) IS BAD MY QUESTION IS WILL THIS STOP YOUR CAR FROM STARTING UP? MY SPARK PLUGS ARE NEW WHAT OTHER PROBLEM YOU THINK IT CAN BE MY CAR SEEMS LIKE IT WANT TO START BUT IT JUST WONT LIKE I SAID MY CAR BE SITTING THERE FOR 2YEARS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.
Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 AT 6:09 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

These will not start the car from starting, but it will cause the car to run rough, you need to find out the cause of this miss fire first, the non starting may be a fuel pump issue, as the pump may be stuck due to not being used for some time, try a little starter fluid to see if it will fire up, if so the ignition is OK, so this will indicate that the pump may be faulty, start here.

Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 AT 6:56 PM