1996 Ford Taurus rear stabilizer links broken

MRSBURNSIDE
  • 1996 FORD TAURUS
My car was towed today. I watched the guys with the tow truck trying to figure out where they could hook on to something in the back end to get the car onto the flatbed tow truck. I suspect that they hooked onto something they should have.

My mechanic tells me that the rear stabilizer links are broken. I've had the car worked on for various suspension issues in the last six months. Nobody told me these were broken before. Are the rear stabilizer links something that could have maybe been hooked onto, and if so, could that be the cause of the breakage?
Monday, January 18th, 2010 AT 11:31 AM

RACEFAN966
Yes they could be hooked to and if they where hooked to yes that could break them. However I wasn't there so I can't assume anything. I do know that I do sell alot of them as they do break from the road grime and spray that is used in winter months. So it could be from wear and tear too.
Monday, January 18th, 2010 AT 11:46 AM

Sponsored links