1996 Ford Taurus Problem

• 1996 FORD TAURUS

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1996 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

The Taurus I have is a wagon GL by the way. Anyway, the car was put on a code scanner and the only thing that came back was a faulty EGR vlalve. That could be the valve itself, the valve solenoid, vaccum lines, and the position sensor for it. I checked all vaccum lines. They are fine. I replaced the EGR solenoid. I don't think my problem has alot to do with the EGR at all. This is gonna sound crazy probably, but when the car is hot or cold and I'm driving, the car hesitates like the fuel has been cut off then it grabs. The thing is, when I'm turning, the car WILL NOT accelerate at all. I have to straighten the wheels close to straight before it accelerates. Can a EGR valve cause this? When I'm in a middle of a turn, I could rev the engone up as high as I can and it won't catch until I straighten the wheels up. You talking about a helluva jerk. What does the pros think?

Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 8:59 PM

Is the trans fluid full?

Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 AT 8:11 AM