HEATER CONTROL VALVE

1996 Ford Taurus

medvanrey

Heater problem
1996 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

01/06/2009

Dear Sir:

When the car heater turned on, it blows only cold air. The repair manual does'nt show where the heater control valve was under the hood. I cannot locate where is this part was installed.
Can you please help me to locate the exact place where the HEATER CONTROL VALVE of my 1996 Ford Taurus GL V6.
FOR CHECKING PURPOSES IF IT IS WORKING PROPERLY. If NOT, I want to replace it.

Thank you very very much for Help.
RMedina

Jacobandnickolas

Hi:
I can't locate in the manual where it is. But, here is a picture of one to help you identify it. Based on its appearance, I would tell you to check on the heater hoses going to the heater core.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_rda5867003_1.jpg

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

medvanrey

HI, jOE,
AS YOUR RECOMMENDATION TO CHECK THE HOSES GOING TO THE HEATER CORE. THAT THE HEATER CONTROL VALVE WILL BE FOUND.
NO LUCK ! THERE IS NO SUCH LIKE THE PICTURE YOU ATTACHED ON YOUR REPLY TO MY QUESTION.

So going back to my question where is this heater control valve located?

renaudTN

If I may, I don't think Ford taurus are equiped with a heater control valve (but I may be wrong).
If your heater blows cold air, check your level of coolant, your thermostat, your heater core (possibly plugged), and your blend door (broken blend door common on 1996-up taurus).
If both heater core hoses are hot with heater on and car at normal operating temperature, you know for sure that whether or not there is a control valve, the coolant is going thru the core anyway (therefore it's not the problem).
Now if one of the hoses is cold or lukewarm, I'd say your problem is likely a clogged heater core.

If your car takes a long time to warm up in the morning, or never reaches normal operating temperature, replace the thermostat.

Also, I heard stories of people fixing their heat problem with their Taurus by simply flushing the entire cooling system. If you never serviced the cooling system in your car, now would be a good time.

Finally, it is also possible that your water pump is getting weak, or has a broken impeller or something.

Hope this help

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace