1995 Ford Taurus Problems

RHOWARDLSU
  • 1995 FORD TAURUS

My 1995 Ford Taurus has not been able to start recently. The start belt seems to be moving, all of the fluids are normal, but the near the front of the car there is a buzzing sound coming out of a box, possibly the fan motor? Would this cause the car not to start?

I was driving home from a long drive, and my car seized up and my rpm gauge went crazy. My car stalled, and then I could not start it again. I recently replaced the battery. That is when I noticed the fan motor wasnt running.

Thank you and I am awaiting advise.
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 AT 9:16 AM

BRUCE HUNT
You use the word "seized up" and I associate that phrase with an engine seizing. To me this means the engine has basically melted together and will not ever run again. I doubt you mean that. You are probably not able to even get the engine to crank at all.

Would this box you describe be a small relay on the positive battery cable? If not, describe the box.
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 AT 11:40 AM
RHOWARDLSU
The box is about the size of my hand, black, and located close towards the front of the car on the drivers side. It looks as if it runs towards the fan. I can't seem to locate the part online.

This is the part number located on the box:

F1DF-12B577-AA
Made in Canada 5A06A

Edt: Now I found the part. It is the radiator relay. Could this cause my car not to start?
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 AT 1:27 PM
BRUCE HUNT
No or I highly doubt it. Now what is a start belt? Does the engine turn over and crank? This will tell us whether the starter is doing its job. After that we can walk down the line to the other possible items. We will want to know if there is good spark at the plugs, if the engine is getting fuel to the cylinders, etc. Are you getting a check engine light?

Let us know and thanks!
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 AT 3:38 PM
RHOWARDLSU
I have never had problems starting the car. It starts like a charm, but now this part is making noise and my battery has been eaten away by it. I will put a new battery in. When I was driving, the RPM side of my speedometer went up and down and my car shut off. I could not get it to start since then. While that happend all of the lights on my dashboard went on; check engine, check oil, bad battery, abs, ect.

I can't answer the qustion about how it starts. Without a good battery, it won't turn over, but when it had a good battery it did. The battery that was on the car is less than 3 weeks old.

I hope this helps.
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 AT 5:21 PM
RHOWARDLSU
Ok, after I put in the new battery. The car started fine. What could be draining my battery? My alternator has tested positive, and the starter is good as well. The relay for the fan was also not working, so I replaced that.
Tuesday, December 12th, 2006 AT 1:36 AM