1995 Ford Taurus Front exhaust noise and vibration upon ACC

• 1 POST
  • 1995 FORD TAURUS

Noises problem
1995 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 195000 miles

I have a 1995 Ford Taurus Wagon in which there has been a loud exhaust noise from the front of the car. When I took it to Meineke muffler, they found the front catalytic converter rusty and with some leakage, so they changed it. The noise and vibration upon any acceleration, (which wasn't there before) got even louder and deeper, and I told them that it sounds like exhaust leak or clog somewhere. The tail pipe now has a missing putter when the exhaust comes out. They told me to change the spark plugs and wires. I told them we just did that. The problem was not resolved by them changing the catalytic converter. I asked if it were possible that in the changing of the old converter, could some pieces of it gotten into and clogged the rest of the exhaust? They said, not possible. I brought it back three times already. Once, they welded a pinhole in the connection to the new converter. I asked if it could be the exhaust manifold in the front. They said no. Please help me!

Friday, March 28th, 2008 AT 9:56 AM

It could be, depending how bad-a-shape the manifolds are in. You may be able to see yourself. Try to take a look and just tap on it with a crow bar or hammer to see if there are some rust chips falling out of it. They probably don't want to bother with the manifold because some of them are a pain in the u know what to get off. Especially the rear. Check it out and get back to me

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 10:28 AM