1995 Ford Taurus

SILVERLADY46
  • 1995 FORD TAURUS
My car overheats and there is plenty of antifreeze in it and in the coolant. You can hear it boiling in the overflow. I just had a new thermostat put in. What else could it be?
Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 AT 9:24 PM

JACK42
Does it overheat while driving or when sitting in traffic? Do you hear the cooling fan come on?
Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 AT 10:22 PM
SILVERLADY46
It mostly gets hot while sitting just a short time. I never paid any attention to the cooling fan. I just bought this car from my granddaughter and she had a wreck this winter in it. They had to replace the radiator and has had this trouble ever since. They thought the radiator was no good so they replaced it again. Same problem.
Thursday, June 10th, 2010 AT 11:12 AM
JACK42
Ifit was wrecked, be sure the fan comes on, or it will overheat
Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 8:19 AM
SILVERLADY46
Fan was not working. Checked fuses it needed the 50 A fuse. Put it in but it does the same thing. And I noticed the battery light flashed off and on a couple of times.
Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 3:09 PM
JACK42
If it blew the fuse, it is either a bad fan motor or some wiring is damaged and grounded out. That is a BIG fuse to pop, I would have it looked at so as not to damage any other electrical components, or hurt the engine from further overheating. Try unplugging the fan motor to see if it stll blows the fuse, if so it is a wiring problem
Saturday, June 12th, 2010 AT 9:19 AM
SILVERLADY46
The fuse has not blown again. Now it seems to be doing a little better. As long as i'm driving it stays cool but if I sit for about 10 min. It starts to get hot then when I drive it cools down.
Sunday, June 13th, 2010 AT 5:56 PM
JACK42
If fan is unplugged then itis either the fan itself or the wiring between the fuse adnfan. Will have to dig into the wiring to see, or use a meter to see if the circuits are shorted to ground
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 8:14 AM
SILVERLADY46
Ok I will have someone check the wiring. I want to thank you for all your help. Greatly appreciated!
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 11:35 AM
JACK42
My pleasure. Just be careful not to overheat the vehicle, that could cause more damage. Thanks for using 2Carpros. Com
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 3:04 PM
SILVERLADY46
Had it checked for sure and it was my fan. It was not working at all. Thank you so much for your help, couldn't have done it without you.
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 7:00 PM
JACK42
My pleasure.
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 10:31 PM