1994 Ford Taurus MY CAR OVERHEATED THEN STARTED TO MAKE UGL

BETTYBOOP29
  • 1994 FORD TAURUS
I WAS DRIVING 55 MPH THE CAR STARTED SMOKING OUT OF NOWHERE THE ACCELL WEAKENED FELT LIKE IT WAS AUTOMATICALLY STOP ON ME. I PULLED OVER TO THE NEAREST GAS STATION. A CLERK TOLD ME I HAD CLOGGED RADIATOR NO WATER WAS GETTING FROM THE RESEVOIR TO COOL THE CAR. OK MAKES SENSE SO I TOOK TO GOODYEAR AND THEY SAID I NEED A NEW THERMOSTAT CUZ MINE WAS STICKING AND A COOLANT FLUSH. OK DID THAT $300 BUX LATER I WENT TO DRIVE CAR HOME AND IT STILL IS DRIVING LIEK IT DID WHEN IT FLT LIKE IT WAS DECELLERATING WHENEVER I TOOK MY FOOT OF THE GAS IT QUICKLY DROPS SPEED AND FEELS STRANGE. I CALLED GODYEAR AND THEY SAID I HAVE A VACUUM LEAK, AND IF I BRING THE CAR IN ON MONDAY THEY WILL TELL ME WHATS WRONG WHERE THE LEAK IS AND FIX IT. SO HERES MY QUESTION: WHAT WILL HAVE TO BE DONE TO REPAIR THIS LEAK, BEFORE I GO AND DROP MORE MONEY TO THESE BABOONS THAT KNEW I HAD A LEAK AND NEVER TOLD ME AFTER THEY FOUND OUT THEY COULD HAVE DONE THE REPAIR SO I COULD FEEL SAFE IN MY CAR! CAN IT CAUSE VERY SERIOUSE OTHER PROBLEMS IF I DONT GET IT FIXED RIGHT AWAY? HELP PLEASE!
Saturday, September 5th, 2009 AT 9:35 PM

JGAROFALO
Your problem has not been repaired. You were sold services of questionable value without having had proper diagnostics performed.

Keep in mind that no mechanic can fix or diagnose a car over the phone or over the internet.

Having said that, I can say that this is how to begin.

First, you have to give me as much information as you can about what the problem is, and anything that you may have noticed to accompany the problem - even if it seems unrelated.

From the descriptions that you give me, I can then suggest the likeliest causes of the problem. Through it all, keep in mind that YOU must be my eyes, ears, and hands.

Let us start with a few questions:

1) Which engine do you have? What model is the car? GL? LX? SHO?

2) Did you notice any other unusual things going on - such as smoke from the exhaust? Engine noises? Indicator lights on the dash? Puddles under the car?

The more information that you give me, the better I can tell you what is wrong.
Monday, September 7th, 2009 AT 9:52 AM