1994 Ford Taurus Ignition/Steering Wheel Problems, Need Help

RASOR256
  • 1994 FORD TAURUS
As you are aware the 1994 ford taurus has a autolock feature on the steering wheel to help prevent theft.

This morning I stuck the key in, started it up and it worked fine. I got home and took the key out with no problems at all.

Later that day I went out to my car to go to KFC and I tried to stick my key in the ignition and it would not go in at all.

I was aware of the steering wheel lock feature and I tilted the wheel and turned it back and forth and jiggled the key into the ignition, it went in about 3/4 the way and now thats as far as it will go in, and the steering wheel is locked into position. As you know you must have the key in the ignition in order to get the wheel to unlock.

so basicly my key will not go into the ignition and my wheel will not come unlocked. Ive tried everything from pressing down the brakes, to messing with the tilt on the steering wheel and I cannot seem to figure out why it is doing this.

Please help
Sunday, November 12th, 2006 AT 7:22 PM

RASOR256
Help please
Sunday, November 12th, 2006 AT 11:46 PM