1993 Ford Taurus Please Help!

LINDSAYMOLINE2010
  • 1993 FORD TAURUS
1993 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150tho miles

My 93 ford tuarus likes to sputter when I rev up the engine or I am stopped and it dosent want to take off. I have been told It is the cadiliac converter and there is broken fiber glass on the inside of it blocking back pressure from releasing. My car starts to smoke, I have been told it smoke because the back pressure trys to escape through the engine, Is this common in ford taurus? What is the best way to treat it, and do you think this is the problem?
Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 2:40 PM

This is a problem with all cars. And it cause other problems if it is plugged. One is a loss of power, misfire, and it can cause internal engine damage. If you look at the converter, when the engine is hot, see if it is glowing red hot. If it is, replace the converter. Also, if it is plugged, replace it. Otherwise you will end up with other problems.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Saturday, July 31st, 2010 AT 8:35 PM