1993 Ford Taurus coolant leak

DECADDY313
  • 1993 FORD TAURUS
1993 Ford Taurus

i was driving my taurus and seen smoke coming from engine. I pulled over and seen I am leaking coolant from the bottom hose of the radiator that leads to something to the block what can I do
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 7:01 PM

DAVE H
Replace the hose. Refill coolant. Check for leaks. Hoses get worn over time. Hopefully this hasn't done any lasting damage as long as you stopped straight away. Once you have repaired vehicle. Have the coolant sytem pressure tested to be sure?
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 7:14 PM
MHPAUTOS
Hi there e you will have to replace that faulty hose, this is not hard, when replaced re fill coolant and bleed system of air, make sure that you have the heater on, it may be a good idea to replace the top hose as well while you are doing this job.

Mark(mhpautos)
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 7:16 PM
BMRFIXIT
Do not let it over heat have it towed
let it cool and check where is the leak from
possible water pump

WARNING: NEVER REMOVE THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP UNDER ANY CONDITIONS WHILE THE ENGINE IS OPERATING. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE COOLING SYSTEM OR ENGINE AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY. TO AVOID HAVING SCALDING HOT COOLANT OR STEAM BLOW OUT OF THE COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE, USE EXTREME CARE WHEN REMOVING THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP FROM A HOT COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE. WAIT UNTIL THE ENGINE HAS COOLED, THEN WRAP A THICK CLOTH AROUND THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP AND TURN IT SLOWLY UNTIL PRESSURE BEGINS TO RELEASE. STEP BACK WHILE THE PRESSURE IS RELEASED FROM THE COOLING SYSTEM. WHEN CERTAIN ALL PRESSURE HAS BEEN RELEASED, PRESS DOWN ON THE PRESSURE CAP (STILL WITH A CLOTH), TURN AND REMOVE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP.
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 7:16 PM