• brondie
  • 2004 Ford Station Wagon

2004 Ford Station Wagon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 131000 miles

Hello, when we left for church Sunday my car felt like it was running a little rough, I have NEVER had problems out of my car so the way it was running caught everyone's attention. As I pulled out of the driveway and accelerated my car started feeling like it was missing, once I hit 20 it started bogging down. I stopped turned off the car and started again. This time it did a little better at first, but once I got up to 20 again it did the same thing for a second then I felt it kinda kick, then it started running better, not great, but better. I returned to the house and later went back out about 2 hours later and tried again. The car ran alot better then. It felt like it was having troubles at first but didn't act nearly as bad. I was able to accelerate fine, but then the engine light came on. I have been told it may just be bad gasoline or the spark plugs. Can you please tell me what to check?
I bought this car as a certified pre-owned vehicle and purchased an extended warranty on it. I am not sure if it is still covered but if so should I take it to Ford dealership or a regular shop if I need maintenance?

Thank you for any help you can give me

Monday, November 16th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Did the check engine light come on? Has fuel pressure been checked?

As far as the warranty, it you purchased it at a dealer, I would take it there if still valid.

Let me know.

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 8:40 AM