How do you change turn signal bulb.

MIKENOW
  • FORD RANGER
On a 2001 Ford Ranger, seems to me you have to take the headlight out or take off front fender.
Help me.
Thursday, August 24th, 2006 AT 2:26 PM

TAURUSWHEEL
Not familiar with yours specifically, but a lot of the cars nowadays require some substantial removal of parts to access pieces. Some are as simple as a bolt, nut or two. Your best bet is to get a book, Chiltons or whatever, for yjese tasks. 15 bucks well spent
Thursday, August 24th, 2006 AT 6:22 PM
GEEKMONKWIFE
I know on our son's 94 Ranger you have to go from the inside of the hood and find the bulb you need to replace wires and turn that bulb left holding the base of it not the wires. I also know the first one we replaced was very hard to get out. (Lefty Loosy/Righty Tighty)

I hope this helps and if not I will have the boy look again at his and see if he can't type a better reply than this.
Monday, September 11th, 2006 AT 8:05 PM
NOS
Most fords have not changed over the years like the rest have. Usualy the driver side is the easyone unless the airintake box is in the way. And you may have to remove the battery to get to the passanger one. Open the hood and look inbehind the head light it is best to pull the plug on the back of the bulb first, then you will see a black or maybe grey round looking cicrle thing. That must be removed first before the bulb can be replaced thay is the lock that holds the bulbe in turn it counterclock wise. Then pull bulb I belive the bulb is a salviana 9007 but check with the parts people. And then just do it in reverse. NOTE the plug may be a little stubrun. And also ( don't touch new bulb glass with your fingures the oils will shorten the life of your new bulb). 8)
Monday, September 11th, 2006 AT 9:59 PM