• longarmofthelaw1581
  • Ford Ranger

On my 1996 for ranger 2 wheel drive 4 cylinder engine, 100,000 miles I recently had this problem: I was driving home and the gas was pretty low, I shut off the truck at my garage door, got out and opened the garage door, got right back in the truck, and it failed to start. I couldnt hear the fuel-pump engage when I turned the key, so I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter. Now I cant seem to get any power to the fuel pump, and the auto shut-off switch has been reset. I am not getting any power to the relay located by the shut-off switch, but the relay under the hood for fuel pump is good. When I straight-wired the relay from the battery, the fuel pump came on. The wire that seems to be the problem is a green and black one, is there anything else that can be done besides replacing the entire wiring?

Thursday, December 21st, 2006 AT 12:55 AM

• carundell

Hey long,
Well you've narrowed it down some! Power to that relay control circuit come either from the fusible links at the solenoid or a fuse underhood. I would start there. Let us know

Thursday, December 21st, 2006 AT 2:37 AM