Ford Ranger front axle

MOYER78
  • FORD RANGER
I recently had a minor accident in my ford ranger. Its a 1998 at 4x4. After the wreck I noticed my front tires were both leaning in quit drastically, and my 4 wheel drive was not engaging, just grinds. I have replaced the springs and shocks and got the truck re-aligned but still have no luck. What would cause the tires to lean in so much?
Monday, December 18th, 2006 AT 8:34 PM

CARUNDELL
Hey moyer,
Are you saying you had the vehicle aligned and you notice the tires are not "square" with the road surface? If so then it wasn't a proper alignment. Also was there any indication of damage to the other suspension ie: upper and lower control arms etc? As to the 4x4 issue is your truck manually engaged or push button? Let us know!

Chris
Tuesday, December 19th, 2006 AT 4:27 AM
MOYER78
It is a push button 4 wheel drive. After the alignment they said they did the best they could, but the tires are rubing inside the wheel well, and are nowhere near square to the ground. Any ideas?
Tuesday, December 19th, 2006 AT 7:17 PM
CARUNDELL
Hey moyer,
Its obvious to me there is more damage to the front end of the vehicle. Definitely get all the front end components inspected thoroughly and if they check out then the frame may also be bent too. If not corrected soon you'll just chew up those front tires!

Chris
Wednesday, December 20th, 2006 AT 3:47 AM