2000 Ford Ranger water pump replacement

EINREB
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
Removed radiator and fan shroud, how do I getthe fan off the water pump assembly or should I just try to take the pump and fan assembly off as a unit from the engine.
i already donated some noney earlier this month. Having hard time paying right now
Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 AT 9:31 PM

IMPALASS
Hello -

To better assist you do you have the 3.0L or the 4.0L engine. What is the 8th digit of your VIN.
-1
Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 AT 9:43 PM
EINREB
It's a 3.0 supposedly flex fuel
-1
Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 AT 8:30 AM
IMPALASS
Hello

Thanks for the info

Sounds like you did the hard part . The radiator and the fan shroud. Though you didn t have to remove the radiator . My suggestion since you have it off is to either have it cleaned out or replace it. You do have 120K on the vehicle . Good preventative maintenance. You might also compare the price of having it cleaned out to replacing it too. At Auto Zone you can pick one up for about $240 and if you go to the Radiator Barn (link below) it is only about $139. Again, I like doing preventive maintenance. It is drained, removed, you are there .
Also I would replace all of the hoses. They too have 120K on them.
+1
Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 AT 4:05 PM