DOOR AJAR

2000 Ford Ranger

irishsappie

March, 3, 2009 AT 7:23 PM

2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

When I close my door the door ajar light and the interior light stays on and I can not figure out how to repair it can u please help me.

James W.

March, 3, 2009 AT 8:21 PM

This is a real common problem with Fords. The door ajar switch is inside the doors mounted on the latch itself. Get yourself a can of spray lubricant of some sort and liberally spray down the latches from the outside of the doors and open and close them a few times. This usually will take care of it. I would avoid any procucts like WD-40 or any kind of " rust" breaker. These are corrosive, and just make the problem worse. Hope this helps.

James W.

March, 3, 2009 AT 8:21 PM

James W.

March, 3, 2009 AT 8:21 PM

James W.

March, 3, 2009 AT 8:21 PM

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet