2000 Ford Ranger dome light wont go off

REBOOM
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 8o, ooo miles

Hello. My dome light wont go off and the dashboard door ajar light stays on. I have looked for a button around the door that would shut light off and can not find one. Believe me when I say I have slammed the doors many times but no luck. Hope you can help. Thanks.
Thursday, October 29th, 2009 AT 4:20 PM

MERLIN2021
Try this cure, buy a can of brakekleen and a can of spray white lithium grease, spray the latch area, thats the claw in the door where it closes, spray liberally with brakleen, open and close the door 5-6 times, repeat, then spray with the white lube, open and close the door 5-6 times. Reapeat on all doors. The switch is in this area. Inside the claw.
Thursday, October 29th, 2009 AT 4:24 PM
REBOOM
Well I tried that but no luck. I guess I will need to change latch. But witch one. Thanks for your help anyway.
Sunday, November 1st, 2009 AT 12:49 PM
MERLIN2021
My guess would be the driver's, it is the most often used!
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 AT 2:17 AM
RCFISHIN
Reboom,

Let us know what fixed it. I have a 2002
Ranger FX4 and I have had the same promblem for the last month, at first it was intermitent, but now it happens all the time and it has been driving me nuts. I have babied this truck (only have 75k miles on it)and have not had one problem until this last month. Where every weird thing you can imagine is happening. We had two hard rains and both time the next day my drivers side door was filled with water!? And also about once a week usually when I run somewhere, stop, go in and get back in the truck and try and start it won't start. After having it towed once to the shop (they could not get it to do it again, no codes, no ideas on what it could be), replacimg the battery, jump starts. The only thing that works is to let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then it starts right up and runs fine for another week! Frustrating.I love my truck but.
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 9:38 PM
REBOOM
Hello, I have not messed with dome light problem yet. I have had the same problem with my truck not starting. What I have figured out on that is when you start your truck dont turn key to start right away. Just turn to the on position wait about 5 seconds then try to start. When I do that it starts. Hope this helps.
Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 AT 4:27 PM
MERLIN2021
Test your fuel pressure and regulator like this:
http://www.2carpros.com/car_repair_video/test_fuel_injection_pressure.htm
Go here and checkout our video.
http://www.2carpros.com/affiliate/uid/merlin2021_1
Tools available here!
Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 AT 5:57 PM