2000 Ford Ranger CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON

KASBORRIS
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON WHEN I STARTED MY TRUCK AND IT RUNS SORT OF SLUGGISH, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 1:19 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

The check light is a visual indication that there is a fault code in the ECU. You will need a scan to read this code, as it will be an indication as to your problem, start here.

Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 1:51 AM
KASBORRIS
Will it cause damage to my truck if I drive it and could it be just bad gas, also the last fill up I put a gas treatment in it would that have caused it?
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 2:39 AM
MHPAUTOS
This code is telling us that one of the sensors is reading out side the normally parameter range, now depending on which sensor is at fault will determine the severity of this problem, there is no way to know until the code is read, it is not a good idea to ignore these codes as the problem may escalate into a serious issue, something like a faulty knock sensor can lead to a hole burnt in a piston if left long enough, at least have the code identified so you know what the problem is.

Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 4:12 AM