1999 Ford Ranger Won't start

• 1 POST
  • 1999 FORD RANGER

1999 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 118000 miles

About a year ago I started have problems with my pickup starting. I figured it was the battery so I replaced it and that didn't work. I took it to my mechanic and thought it might have been the clutch switch so we replaced that. It worked for about a day or two than same problem. Next we checked the starter and replaced that. This seemed to fix the problem, I didn't have a problem for about 6 months. Than it wouldn't start again, after a good push start I didn't have a problem for about 3 months. Now it is doing the same thing again and more frequently again, like every other day. When I try and turn it over there is now noise what so ever of it trying to start. All electrical on the inside shuts off when this happens as well. Please help!

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 9:34 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

With what you say in your question and with the parts that you have replaced, I would be considering the ignition switch as the source of your problems, the transmission isolator switch would also do this but with a faulty isolator, the electrics would not drop out, what you describe is more consistent with a faulty ignition switch.

Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 3:00 AM